Memoir 19 - Carboniferous and Permian of the World, XIV International Congress of the Carboniderous and Permian (M19)
This memoir highlights a 100 million year interval during which the supercontinent Pangea was assembled, addressing issues of sedimentology, stratigraphy, resources, and paleontology. Memoir 19 contains 60 refereed papers representing the selected proceedings of the XIV International Congress on the Carboniferous and Permian held at the University of Calgary in August 1999.This publication will be valuable to geoscientists interested in Carboniferous and Permian geology, not only in Western Canada, but also around the world.
Topics covered include:
- Belloy Formation sequences and paleogeography in the Peace River Basin.
- Seven papers on Cyclothems from Western Canada, USA, and Spain.
- Coal Resources and a North Sea gas play.
- U-Pb geochronology, sedimentology and stratigraphy of tuff in the Exshaw Formation.
- Carboniferous palynology and megaflora.
- Carboniferous sedimentology and stratigraphy of eastern North America.
- Paleontological correlations of the Carboniferous and Permian.
- Discussions on Global Stratotype Sections and Points for Carboniferous and Permian stages.
The International Congress on the Carboniferous and Permian (ICCP) was first held in June 1927 in Heerlen, The Netherlands. The meetings have been held mostly in Europe (Heerlen, Paris, Sheffield, Krefeld, Moscow, Madrid, Krakow), but also in South America (Buenos Aires), Asia (Beijing), and North America (Urbana, Illinois and for the first time in Canada at Calgary, Alberta in August 1999). The meeting began by looking only at the Carboniferous from the perspective of understanding the geology of this resource-rich, coal-bearing system. At Beijing in 1987 the Permian System was added to the congress, which was a natural extension to many Carboniferous geological problems. The ICCP is one of the oldest and most prestigious of the stratigraphic congresses associated with the International Commission on Stratigraphy and the International Union of Geological Sciences. Almost three hundred people attended the Calgary meeting and presented over 300 talks, posters, and core displays. The meeting was in part sponsored by the Canadian Society of Petroleum Geologists.
Edited by Len V. Hills, Charles M. Henderson, and E.Wayne Bamber, 2001, hard cover, approx. 800 page, ISBN 0-920230-008.
SALE Price: $25.00 (75% Off List Price!)